Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Good Garden Morning

Our typical SF bay area morning brings us cool weather in the morning and evening, with the usual hot weather midday. The fog creeps in through the hills and brings the moist cool air on a more regular basis.. I LOVE IT. It makes for a nice cool coffee morning on the swing. This morning I'm keeping company with Mary Jane. My father always wanted to be a Gentleman Farmer, have a few animals, a big garden, that kind of thing. I guess I get my farm dreams from him. Except I know I'm way too lazy for a farm. Keeping me company out back are the pooches, Peep and Rocket. We enjoy sitting and listening to the frog fountain. Its not fancy by any means, just a frog on some scrap wood spitting into a galvanized tub. I just have one lone water hyacinth in there. And finally, here's the update on the sunflowers. They're doing so well I know I'll have a nice showing at the end of the month. We sure get the heat for them.


I've been in for two days sewing and it was grand. I love holiday weekend sewing as there are always marathon TV shows going, and yesterday I was sewing with Speedle, Delco and Horatio, of CSI Miami fame. While I never really watch the show while sewing, I can hear them solving crime in the background. But all good things come to an end, so it's time to hit the high road. Have a wonderful day my fine feathered friends.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sunflowers are looking good! I love that Mary Jane's Farm magazine!

11:22 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Ah, sounds lovely. Can't wait to see the sunflowers blooming!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, the birthday frog. He's a cutie. I can never find Mary Jane's Farm mag at the bookstore. We both had a nice sewing weekend. The snails haven't got your little seedlings yet - YEAH!

2:11 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

I did not know Mary Jane had a magazine...anyway nice to chat again...love the froggy fountain and your endearing description of your morning coffe...think I'll pour a cup and keep blogging.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

What an interesting looking magazine. Nothing nicer than sitting out in the garden with a cup of something and something to read.

7:10 AM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

I just stumbled upon the fact that I have a lofty little spot on your sidebar...creative people...thank you...ther are two blogs under my name...one is where I post my creations of redesigned furniture and the like...I actually sell off the blog...it has kinds caught a fever....fun....and again THANKS.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Where can one buy copies of MaryJane's Farm? And who is she? That look like a great magazine.

I found your blog through Bitter Betty's and am enjoying it. It gives me a little taste of my home state.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older